Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yerevan January 7, 2012




The first picture is the view from the living room/kitchen window in our apartment.  The area is named Glendale Hills and we are on the 6th floor.  It is a new area of the central city so there is still construction and the road we walk in on is partly dirt.  The next picture is some of the housing.  The apartments are of 3 types.  Some are the old apartments from the Soviet era,  old apartments that have been remodeled, and new construction.  The landscape was a day trip we took with the humanitarian couple to some villages where they had completed projects such as water pipes into the village.  Big mountains surround the area and a local cemetary is in the front of the picture.  Carl took my picture at a city park with my new hat and scarf from a local market and some flowers he bought me.  We don't know yet what the statue is about, but it is not far from our apartment.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

I like the hat and scarf! The apartments remind me of China without the laundry. Do you have a dryer? Or maybe no one washes clothes til summer.

The Qian Family said...

I have loved reading through your blog, and I look forward to keeping up on your adventures. Happy New Year!